My Darling Shoe Princesses
As you well know, there’s nothing quite like the adrenalin rush of a Shoe Sale to set the pulse racing. Imagine how excited I was to accompany SP Emma Bowd to a book-signing at Myer department store – in the midst of their end-of-financial-year shoe sale! Heaven. Our thanks to the divine Bev and her gorgeous team at Myer Southland (especially the book department) for allowing us to have so much fun!
It’s quite apt that I remind my dear subjects of my Top 5 Tips for Shoe-sale shopping :
1. Yes, you really do need satin lime-green stilettos and purple ankle boots a size too small for you (that’s what panadol was invented for).
2. Wear thin tights and comfy mules or loafers – not glam, but easier when trying on shoes in a hurry.
3. Always be polite and courteous and never snatch shoes from another Shoe Princess. Ever.
4. Chant the mantra: “Why buy one pair of sale shoes when I can technically afford to buy five?”
5. Have fun and hopefully you will find that couture stiletto which you would never have been able to afford otherwise.